Monday, December 12, 2011

Ethical Question

  • Is it ethical for a physician to accept Wild tickets from a pharmaceutical rep to take her family to the game?
  • Provide an argument for this based on the current ethical fabric of society and what is accepted in the organizations involved. 
 I would say that this depends on the situation itself. If it were me, I would look closely at the motives of the pharmaceutical rep and the way in which the tickets were offered and decide from there. Most likely the tickets are given to be an incentive or a bribe for you to help them sell their product, which is evident. I probably wouldn't accept the tickets, but I think it could be ethically acceptable if you can judge the product they are selling without that "gift" persuading you.

No comments:

Post a Comment