Tuesday, December 13, 2011

5S Process

Post a record of a 5S process that you have completed. Post a before and after picture. Also, post a short narrative of how you addressed each of the 8s's of the 5S process.

I chose to do my 5S process on cleaning my room in my apartment because I could barely get to my desk after clothes had built up on the floor.  

Before:

After:

Sorting (Seiri):
 Seiri is about eliminating all unnecessary things, keeping only essential items.  I cleaned out my desk and got rid of any papers or post it notes that I didn't need anymore. It actually saved me a lot of space afterwards.

Straightening or setting in order/ Stabilize (Seiton):
  Seiton is about there being a place for everything and everything being in that place. I organized all of my clothes and shoes.  I hung up the shirts according to color and then hung up the nice pants.  My casual pants were folded and put in the hang up shelves according to color. I did the same with my shoes.  Other things were put into the correct drawers and sections in my closet.

Sweeping or shining or cleanliness/systematic cleaning (Seiso):
 Seiso is about a clean workspace and keeping it clean and organized. I decided to clean out my desk and organize everything so that it was organized so that I could find stuff easier.  Each drawer contains a different group of things so that I know what will be in each.

Standardizing (Seiketsu):
  Seiketsu is about standardizing which is what I did with cleaning otu each drawer of my desk and nightstand.

Sustaining the discipline or self-discipline (Shitsuke)
  Shitsuke is about maintaining these standards.  I made a promise to myself that every night after practice I will pick up any clothing or anything that is on my floor or bed and put it in the correct spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment